Subject: Re: FLASH: Help
From: Garret Parsons2
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:55:02 +0100

>> At 12:55 PM 10/20/98, Garret Parsons2 wrote:
>> >I was working on a file for about an hour saving often, when I get a city
>> >wide black out for 10 minutes. After the power is back on I restart my Mac
>> >and open the .fla file and yep you guessed it its toast. It seams like Flash
>> >puts the whole file in memory and doesn't save a temp file.

I think you might of miss understood me. I wasn't asking for backing up
tips, even though some of the tips were good ones. I am an artist by trade,
since it seams to be hard to find good Mac system managers I do that for a
living as well. So backing up my files is something I now a lot about. I
have been going back to the finder every 20 minutes and copying the file to
a server. The name 123 stuff is a good way to to save them locally I will
try that.

This was my problem. I had only been working on the file for about 15
minutes or so and the power went off. When it came back on and I tried to
open the file I got unexpected end of file message. witch tells me that
Flash takes the file from the hard drive and loads it all in memory or
something like that? I am use to using Photoshop, Illustrator and Xpress
which all make an temp file and load segments into memory. If I was working
in Photoshop and the power went off I might loose everything from the last
save but never the whole file, in fact for the last 8 years that I have been
using Photoshop I have never lost a file this way.

I just wanted to know if any one new if the file structure of flash would
still be in tacked and if any one had any experience in recovering a file
like this. Sometimes the file is just messed up in the header?

Looks like everyone is really interested in helping on this list and that's
defiantly cool.

Thanks for helping were you could.