Subject: Re: UKNM: Waitrose man in The Guardian
From: Andrew Smith
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:56:46 GMT

Which begs the question why Waitrose are bothering with their own Internet
delivery services if they don't think this is going to work -
admittedly the web site says they are still "trialling" the full grocery
shop service - but the below feels as though they are going to give up on
Internet based ordering......

Tesco now even does same day delivery ie order the goods via the site in the
morning and get them delivered in the evening - though they still have very
irritating habit of bringing you "subsitute" items even though you have
expressly said that you don't want an alternative if they haven't got
it.....