Subject: Re: FLASH: No more demo FLAs
From: Branden Hall
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:13:39 GMT

You are correct in pointing out my error in using the word incitful. This is
not a word, my apologies to those you have may thought otherwise or were
confused by it. I was attempting to turn the word incite into an adjective.
I should have said instigating. Again, my apologies.

Now, to the meat of this matter. If you wish to hurl insults at me, do so
to my personal email, bhallatfigleaf [dot] com. Unless, of course, all you want is
attention and to incite a wasteful use of bandwith by provoking the fine
people of this list. If you have any tips or pointers on my writing style, I
would appriciate it, since you obviously feel you can write better than I.
In fact, I publically challenge you to put your keyboard where your mouth
is... upstage my writings, please! I would love for there to be better
documentation and tutorials out there for the Flash community to learn from.

If you would like to write a book on Flash I suggest you contact New Riders
Press (www.newriders.com) and pitch an idea to them. I am sure they will
adore you if write the superior Flash 4 tome, since currently they are
raking in money from the sale of the book I helped write, Flash 4 Magic.
Also, you may want to contact Macromedia and pursue a contract to rewrite
various parts of their documentation. They often have outside firms write
their classroom material. After I gave small assistance to Chrissy Rey,
another member of Fig Leaf Software, in writing the Generator 2 class, we
were hoping we would also be contracted to write the Advanced Flash 4 class.
This did not occur unforuntately and that class, as it stands, is horrible.
If you could persuade Macromedia to let your rewrite it I personally would
be very grateful.

If you are a writer by trade and a Flash expert, as your emails suggest, you
will find that these projects to be both easy and very profitable. I would
do more of those kinds of projects myself, but I am simply too busy
developing with and teaching Flash and Generator, not to mention testing new
Macromedia products.

-= Branden J. Hall
-= Multimedia Developer/Instructor
-= Fig Leaf Software